Monday, March 2, 2009

Harnessing the Collective

If you've spent any time in I.T., then you have most probably heard of Forrester Research, Inc. They are a $391M tech and market research think tank. They are kind of like an upscale Gartner Group. Like the Gartner Group, they release these extremely high priced executive documents. Today, they released a document (hey, it's only $2G so be sure to pick up an extra copy) called Vendor Landscape: Innovation Management Software. What used to be called workgroup software has passed through the adolescent stage of Knowledge Management to bloom into full adulthood as Innovation Management Software which has grown from the intersection of idea management, threaded discussions, and Web 2.0 concepts like voting and ranking.

This is how organizations will leverage the growing Web 2.0 trend of collective wisdom. I believe that the release of this research paper heralds the transition of this trend from early adopter to mainstream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of this doc, I hadn't come across it yet. (I used to work for Forrester, so I like to keep up with what they're doing...)